There are so many banks in the United States. This gives the customers a large number of options to choose from. If the customers like you and me don’t want to continue the relationship with our existing bank. Then we have the option to switch to another bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close United Texas Bank account.
But before you ask the bank to close your account. There are a few things that have to be taken care of by you. I will explain those to you one by one. And then I will tell you the steps that you have to follow. The first thing is you will have to make sure. That there is no negative balance or dues pending in the account.
If you have any pending dues then you will have to clear those. This is very important because the banks won’t allow the customers to close the account without clearing all the dues. The next thing is you also have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
If you already have an account with you then that is great. But in case if you don’t have. Then I recommend you open a new account before you close your existing account. If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions that you can ask the bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close United Texas Bank Account
This guide does not talk about any online method to close the account. Instead of that, there is an offline method. If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case you have a joint bank account. Then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of United Texas Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form correctly, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.utb.com
- Phone Number: 972-239-7000
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/unitedtexasbank
This is how you can close your United Texas Bank account. You also need to know that if you are closing the account too early. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.