If you have an account with any of the banks in the United States. Then you also have the right to close it down. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Unison Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. You will have to prepare your account to be closed by taking care of two things.
The first thing is you will have to clear all the dues and negative balances in your account. (if you have any) Until you clear these dues the bank will not allow you to close the account.
The next thing is you will have to set up all your automatic payments and direct deposits with your alternative account. If you don’t do it then your payments will start failing once your Unison Bank account is closed.
I don’t recommend my readers close the account online. So instead of the online method, I have explained an offline method that has an almost 100% success rate in closing the account permanently.
Steps to Close Unison Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you will follow the steps mentioned in this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Unison Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
The bank will start the process of closing down your account once you submit the closure form. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. For more information, about the charges and fees, you can directly contact the bank.