If you have multiple bank accounts that you don’t use often. Then you can think of closing them down. Because managing multiple accounts gets tough if they are not of any use to you. So in this guide, I will tell you how you can close Trustmark Bank account.
There is no online method that you can follow to close the account. So you will have to follow the offline method in which you will have to visit the branch of the bank personally. And at the same time if you are closing the account within 180 days of opening it. Then you will have to pay $20 as account closing fees.
If you have held the account for more than 180 days then there is no need to worry about the closing fees. But you will have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in the account. Because if any then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear those.
Once the bank takes your request and starts the closing process you can not use the account in any way. And also your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing. So you should move all your payments to your alternative bank account.
In case you have an alternative account with any other bank then that is good. But in case if you don’t then I recommend you to open one before you close down the existing account. There are so many banks in the United States of America.
You can choose any one of those which you feel is the right one for you. And get the account opened for yourself. If you are confused about your next bank. Then I have a list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account. Based on the answers you can decide if you should open the account or not.
Steps to Close Trustmark Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with Trustmark Bank then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But if you hold a joint account then you can refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Trustmark Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk of the branch.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask you to provide your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the required information and show them your identity proof document.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the bank account closure request form to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you need more information then I recommend you to contact the bank directly. You can do that using the official website, by calling customer care. And also by messaging the support team on the bank’s official social media profiles.
- Official Website: www.trustmark.com
- Phone Number: 800.243.2524
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TrustmarkBank
This is how easy it is to get your unused bank account closed. I understand some people may not like to go to the branch of the bank. But it will be one last time you will be going there.