There are so many reasons that may lead the customers to close a bank account. Well, let us not get into that and learn the process that you have to follow to close Troy Bank and Trust account.
Being the customer of the bank you have all the rights to close your account when you wish to. But there is a proper process that you have to follow.
I do not recommend you close the account online. That is because of the high rejection rates by the bank. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that is explained below.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are a few things you need to take care of regarding your account.
The first thing is you have to make sure that your account does not have any negative balance of pending dues in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you have to move out all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure that all your payments are running without any problems.
This is very important because once the bank closes your account. All your payments will start failing for an obvious reason and that is your account no more exists.
Steps to Close Troy Bank and Trust Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Troy Bank and Trust near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the process that you have to follow to close your account. Before you close your existing account. I recommend you make sure that you have an alternative account with you. For further help, you can contact the bank directly.