Closing a bank account is an easy task. But people feel it is difficult. That is because they don’t know the exact steps. In this guide, I will share with you the steps that you need to follow to close Texas Brand Bank account.
I don’t recommend closing the account online because of the high rejection rate. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that I have explained below.
But even before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. You have to take care of two things. I will tell you about those first and then we will learn the steps.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any negative balance or pending dues. Then clear those.
The next thing is about the payments you have set up with your account. You have to cancel and move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
This is very important because once your account is closed by the bank. All your payments will start failing. So if you move or set them with your other account. Then they will be running for you.
Here alternative bank account is nothing but an account with any other bank in the USA. If you have one then you are good to go.
But in case if you don’t have another account. Then I highly recommend you to open one before you close your existing account with the Texas Brand Bank.
If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to the questions that I have listed here. Ask these questions to your new bank. Based on the answer you receive. You will be able to decide.
Steps to Close Texas Brand Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you have a joint bank account. Then follow the steps explained in this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Texas Brand Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The official will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling the branch, using the contact form on the official website of the bank. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.texasbrandbank.com
- Uptown Location Phone Number: (214) 219-0003
- The Cedars Location Phone Number: (214) 323-8020
- Garland Location Phone Number: (972) 494-9800
- Deep Ellum Location Phone Number: (214) 838-9333
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TexasBrandBank1/
This is how you can close your Texas Brand Bank account. I have provided the contact numbers of the location of the bank. For more information about the process and account closing charges. You can call the bank.