There are so many banks in the United States which builds up so much competition in the market. When there is completion the ultimate winner is always the consumer. If you don’t want to continue using an account you can close and open a new one with another bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close TCF Bank account.
The process is very simple but before you close your existing account. You have to make sure that you have an alternative bank account to use. If you already have one then that is good. But in case if you don’t have then I recommend you open a new one and then close down the existing account.
This will help you in the smooth transition from your old bank account to a new account. And at the same time, it also ensures that you don’t lose access to banking. You have to also make sure that you don’t have any due pending or negative balance in your account.
If you have any then you have to clear all of those before approaching the bank. Because the banks don’t let the customers close the accounts with a negative balance. If you don’t know how you can clear the dues then you can contact the bank to get assisted.
Steps to Close TCF Bank Account
There is no online method that you can follow to close your bank account. You will have to follow the offline method only. If you hold an individual account with the bank then follow the steps explained below. But if in case you hold a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of TCF Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheque, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the requested information.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank then you can do that using the official website of the bank. By calling customer care and also by messaging the support team on the bank’s official social media profiles.
- Official Website: www.tcfbank.com
- Phone Number: 612-823-2265
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TCFbank
This is how you can close your TCF Bank account. You also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early. Then the bank will charge you fees for closing the account. And if you have any automatic payments running and the direct deposits if you receive any. Then you have to move all of them to your alternative bank account before you close it down.