If you have a bank account that you no more want to use. Then the best thing you can do is close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close T Bank account.
I do not recommend you close the account online. Instead, I recommend you follow the offline method. That is because of the high rejection rate when people try to close the account online.
But before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are a few things to be taken care of. I will explain those to you first. And then we will discuss the steps.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any negative balance or pending dues. Then pay them off before approaching the bank.
The next thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is important because if you don’t do it then all the payments will start failing once the account is closed.
If you already have an alternative account with you then that is great. You can begin with the steps to close your account. But in case if you don’t have one.
Then I highly recommend you to get one open before you close your existing account. There are a lot of banks in the United States of America to choose from.
So if you confused and need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to my list of questions that you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close T Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then follow this guide. But in case if you have a joint account with the bank. The follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of T Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Withdraw all the fund balance in your account to make it zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service and with the help of the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: t.bank
- Phone Number: (972) 720-9000
This is how you can close T Bank account. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.