If for some reason you have decided to close your bank account. Then in this guide, I will tell you how you can close your Sunwest Bank account.
The process is very simple. But you will have to take care of two things before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account.
The first thing is you will have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you need to cancel and move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
This is a very important step and if you don’t do this your payments will start failing. Once your account is closed by the bank.
Steps to Close Sunwest Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Sunwest Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit card, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Follow these steps and you will be able to close your account. I usually don’t recommend my readers close the account online. That is because of the high rate of rejection by the bank. Other than this you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. For more information, you can contact the bank directly.