If you have decided to close your bank account for some reason. Then you can do it. But there is a proper process to be followed by you. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Southwestern National Bank account.
First of all, you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear all those.
The second thing is you have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. This is very important because once your account is closed. All the payments will start failing.
You can set up the same payments with your alternative bank account. This will help you to make sure all your payments are running without any issues.
In this guide, I have not explained any online method to close the account. Instead of that, I have explained the offline method that works with all the banks in the United States.
Steps to Close Southwestern National Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the instructions given in this guide. But in the case of a joint account follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Southwestern National Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The official will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can reach or contact the bank by calling the customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.swnbk.com
- Phone Number: 713-771-9700
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Southwestern-National-Bank-1376859609278735/
You can close all types of accounts with the bank by following the steps mentioned in this guide. But you also need to keep it in mind. That if you are closing your account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.