If you have decided to close your bank account, you are free to do it. But there is a proper way to do it. And that is what we will learn today. In this guide, I will discuss how you can close Southern States Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close the account. There are two things about your account that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you need to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any pending dues in the account. Then you will have to clear those before approaching the bank.
The second thing is you will have to take care of the automatic payments and direct deposits that are running you on your account.
If you don’t do it then all your payments will start failing once your account is closed. So to make sure everything is working fine. You should move all the payments to your alternative bank account.
If you have an alternative account with you already. Then that is fine. But in case if you don’t have it. Then I recommend you get one opened before you close your existing account.
There are so many banks that are running operations in the United States of America. You can choose anyone and get your new account opened.
If you need help choosing your next bank. Then I have a list of questions you can ask the bank before opening an account with it.
I don’t recommend you close the account online. But I do recommend you to follow the offline method. That is because of the high success rate.
Steps to Close Southern States Bank Account
In case if you have an individual account then you can follow the steps that are mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Southern States Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and anyone identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Follow these steps and you will be able to get your account closed. But you also need to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.