Have you decided to close Simmons Bank account that you have? If yes, then you have opened the right piece of information on the internet. Because in this guide of mine, I will tell you the complete steps that you need to follow to get the account closed that you have with this bank.
The process is very simple, and you can get it done very easily. But there are a few things that you should take care of. The first thing is there should be no dues pending or negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will first have to clear those and then approach the bank to close your acocunt.
The second thing is once the process is started by the bank you can not use your account to make any transactions. So to make sure that you don’t lose access to the banking system. You should make arrangements for an alternative bank account with another bank.
If you already have an account with another bank then that is good. There is no need to open a new one. But in case you don’t have one. Then choose a good bank for you and get the account opened. In case you need assistance. Then you can refer to my list of 9 questions you should ask your new bank before opening the account.
About Simmons Bank
|Headquarters||Arkansas, United States|
|Number of Employees (2016)||2,600+|
Steps to Close Simmons Bank Account
There is no online method that customers can follow to close the bank account. So all the customers will have to follow the offline method that has been explained below. Mainly this guide is written for those people who hold an individual account with the bank. But in case you hold a joint bank account, then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Simmons Bank near you.
- Collect your debit cards, passbook, unused cheques, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you for your name and account number to find your account.
- Once your account is found the officials will ask you to show the identity proof document and tell the reason for the closure.
- Show your document and tell them your reason for the closure.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form, fill it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to get more information about closing down your account. Then you can contact the bank using the below-mentioned contact information. I found this information on the official website of the bank. You can either call the bank or message on its official social media profile.
- Official Website: www.simmonsbank.com
- Phone Number: 1 866 246 2400
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/simmonsbank
- Twitter: twitter.com/simmons_bank
This is how you can reach the bank and request it to close down your bank account. There can be so many reasons to close the account. But if you feel like switching to another bank then you can always do that. At the same time, it is not a very good thing to switch between banks very often.