If you don’t want a bank account then you can close it. Being the customer of the bank you are allowed to do it. But then there is a proper process to do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close ServisFirst Bank account.
There are two basic things which you need to take care of. And this has to be done before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those. (this includes pending dues)
And the second thing is you will have to take care of all your payments that are running on the bank account. This is important because once the account is closed all your payments will start failing.
So to avoid this you will have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. Keep in mind that this is completely your responsibility and not that of the bank.
I do not encourage my readers to close the account online. That is because of the low success rate online. So I have explained an offline method below.
This method works not only for the customers of ServisFirst Bank. But this also works for the other banks that are operating in the United States as well.
Steps to Close ServisFirst Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account, then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of ServisFirst Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide these details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information, then I highly recommend you contact the bank. You can do that by calling customer care and also with the help of the official website.
- Official Website: www.servisfirstbank.com
- Phone Number: 866 317 0810
While going to the bank make sure you carry any one of your identity proof documents with you. And also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.