If you are no longer using an account and if you don’t wish to use it anymore The best thing you can do is close it down. But closing does not mean that you leave it idle. There are certain steps and procedures that you need to follow. In this guide, I will tell you the steps that you need to follow to close Rockland Trust Bank account.
The first thing you have to make sure of is there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear all those and then you are free to approach the bank. One more thing you should keep in mind that all your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing once the account is closed.
So before you close the account you should cancel all those from your Rockland Trust Bank and set them up in your alternative bank account. If you already have an account with any other bank. Then there is no need to open a new one. But in case if you don’t have. Then choose a good bank for you and get an account opened.
There are so many banks operating in the USA, so if you need help in choosing the next bank. Then refer to my list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account. Based on the answers you receive from the bank. You will be able to decide if you should open an account with that particular bank or not.
Steps to Close Rockland Trust Bank Account
You can not close your bank account online. You will have to follow the offline method only. If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then follow the steps mentioned below. And in case if you hold a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Rockland Trust Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the requested information and show your identity proof document to them.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information then you can contact the bank. Call the customer care or message the support team on the bank’s official social media profiles. The contact information given below is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.rocklandtrust.com
- Phone Number: 508.732.7072
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/rocklandtrust
The account can not be closed instantly. Once you submit the request to the bank it can take 1 to 2 working days. But your job is done after submitting the request for closure. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then you will have to pay the account closing charges.