No matter what is the reason because which you want to close your bank account. The bank will allow you. But there are a few things you need to take care of. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Ridgewood Savings Bank account.
Let us first discuss the things that you should take care of. The first thing is you need to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any kind of dues pending or negative balance. Then you need to pay those off to the bank.
The next thing is about the payments that are running on your account. (automatic payments and direct deposits) You have to cancel all your payments and move the same to your alternative bank account. This will help you ensure that all your payments are running even after your Ridgewood Savings Bank account is closed.
And I do not recommend closing the account online. Instead of the online method, I recommend you to close it by following the offline method that is explained below. This works not only for the customers of Ridgewood Savings Bank. But also for the customers of all other banks in the USA as well.
Steps to Close Ridgewood Savings Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps that are explained below. But in case if you hold a joint bank account. Then refer to this linked guide. The process of closing down a joint bank account is a little different.
- Locate the nearest branch of Ridgewood Savings Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information, then you can contact the bank. You can do reach the bank by calling the customer service, and also with the help of the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.ridgewoodbank.com
- Phone Number: (718) 240-4778
This is how you can get your account closed by visiting the branch of your bank. But you also need to keep in mind that the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. (if you are closing the account too early after opening it)