Closing down the bank account is not a tough job. It just feels like that and in case you have a plan to close Regions Bank account. Then this guide is entirely written for you. The steps that you need to follow to close down any individual account are mentioned in this guide.
In case you have a joint bank account then you can follow this link to read the dedicated guide for joint account holders. The steps are all similar but in the case of a joint account, all the holders have to provide their consent to the bank. Other than that there are no changes in the process.
About Regions Bank
|Headquarters||Regions Center, Birmingham, Alabama, United States|
|Number of Locations||1,400+|
|Number of ATMs||1,900+|
|Number of Employees||19,000+|
Steps to Close Regions Bank Account
During my research before writing this guide, I did not find any kind of online method that you can follow. And that is the reason why I have explained an offline method below. And I am sure it is fine for most of us to visit the bank one last time to close the account.
- Locate the nearest branch of Regions Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, unused cheques, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and look for the customer support section of the branch.
- Go to the customer support section and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- Provide your account number, and name to the officials.
- Check if you have any negative balance or dues pending in your account. (pay them if any)
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information about the closing down of your account you can contact your bank. You can do that by calling customer care, using the official website. And also by messaging on the official social media profile of the bank. I have mentioned all the contact information of the bank below.
- Official Website: www.regions.com
- Phone Number: 1 800 734 4667
- Twitter: twitter.com/askRegions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/RegionsBank
In some cases, if you are closing down the bank account very early after opening it. The bank may ask you to pay account closing charges. These charges depend upon the type of account you have, the time when you are closing it, etc. So to know the exact amount of charges you can directly contact the bank.