If you have an acocunt with any of the banks. Then you have the complete rights to close it down when you feel you don’t need it anymore. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Rabobank Account.
The process is very simple you can close the account in a few steps only. But there is no online method to do it. You will have to follow the offline method only.
Before you approach the bank you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. In case you have any then you should pay off the negative balance and the dues.
Then the next thing you should do is cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. You can set up your payments from your alternative bank account.
This is very important because once your account is closed all your payments will start failing. And it is completely your responsibility to make sure your payments don’t fail and not that of Rabobank.
If you already have an account with another bank ready for use then that is great. But in case if you don’t have. Then choose a good bank for you and get an account opened for yourself.
In case if you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to my list of questions that you should ask the bank before opening the account. Based on the answers you receive you will be able to decide.
Steps to Close Rabobank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint bank account, then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Rabobank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Check your account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your Rabobank account easily. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. You can contact the bank for more information.