If you have decided to close your bank account. Then this is the only guide you will need. In this guide, I have explained all the steps that you need to follow to close Provident Bank account. No matter what is the reason that made you decide to close the account.
You have the right to close it but you also have to follow the terms and the conditions of the bank. The first thing to start with the balance you have in your account. There should be no negative balance in the account. If you have any then you will first have to clear those.
This is very important because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the pending dues. The next thing you should note is once the account is closed by the bank. All your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing.
So to ensure that none of your payments will fail you have to cancel all the payments from your Provident Bank account. And set up the same with your alternative bank account. Here the alternative account is the account with another bank other than the one you have with the Provident Bank.
If you already have an extra account to use then that is fine. But in case you don’t have any other bank. Then you should choose a good bank for you and get a new account opened. I recommend you do this before you approach the bank to close your existing account.
There are so many banks in the United States, that it gets hard to choose the bank. So if you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to my list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account. Based on the answers you receive from the bank you will be able to decide.
Steps to Close Provident Bank Account
There is no online way to close the account, you only have the offline way. If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps that are mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint bank account, then follow the steps in this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Provident Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide the details and show your identity proof document to prove yourself as the user of the account.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check the filled details, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank, then you can do that by calling customer care, using the official website, and also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.provident.bank
- Phone Number: 800.448.7768
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProvidentBank/
This is how you can close your account if you can not reach the bank personally. Then call your branch the official will figure out some other way for you. But you have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.