If you open an account with any of the banks in the United States or around the globe. You also have the right to close it if you don’t want to continue your financial relationship with that particular bank. In this guide, I will tell you the complete steps that you need to follow to close Prosperity Bank account.
You have the right to close it but at the same time, you also have to keep in mind the terms and conditions of the bank. One of the most basic conditions you have to follow is that of the negative balance and dues. If you have any dues pending the account.
Then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. And in case if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank will ask you to pay the account closing charges. These are basic things but need to be followed while closing the account.
Before you close your existing account with the Prosperity Bank. I highly recommend you to have an alternative bank account with you. Once the bank starts the process of closing your account. You can not use it to make any kind of transaction even if you have any emergency.
So to make sure that you don’t lose access to the banking system it is important that you have an alternative account. If you already have an account with another bank then there is no need of opening a new one. But in case if you don’t have then choose a good bank for you and get the account opened for yourself.
Steps to Close Prosperity Bank Account
You can not get your account closed online, you will have to follow the offline method that I have explained below. The steps mentioned below are for the people who hold an individual account with the bank. So in case, you hold a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Prosperity Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Cancel all your automatic payments from and direct deposits to your Prosperity Bank account.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask you to provide your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide the request details, check your bank account balance, and make it zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all the required details, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by using the official website, by calling customer care support, and also by messaging the support team on the bank’s official social media profiles.
- Official Website: www.prosperitybankusa.com
- Phone Number: 1-800-531-1401
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProsperityBankUSA/
This is how you can close your bank account. There are hundreds of banks in the United States and I understand it gets tough to choose the right one for your next account. So I have listed out a few questions you should ask your new bank before opening the account. You can read them by following the link provided here.