There are a lot of banks in the United States of America. If you don’t want to continue with your current bank. Then you always have a choice to switch to another bank. But before doing it I recommend you close the existing account if you are no more going to use it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Progress Bank account.
I am not going to explain any online method to do it. The reason is the banks usually reject the closure request if there are any complications with the bank account. But if you are following an offline method and even if there are any complications you can get them sorted at the branch.
Before you approach your bank and request it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of regarding your account. The first thing is about the negative balance in your account. In case if you have any pending dues or negative balances then you will have to clear those.
This is important because the banks don’t allow to close the account until all the balance is cleared. And the second thing is about your automatic payments and direct deposits. Once your account is closed all your payments will start failing. So to avoid this you will have to move all the payments to your alternative bank account.
Steps to Close Progress Bank Account
The steps mentioned below are for those people who want to close an individual account. But in case if you hold a joint account with the bank. Then you can follow this linked guide to learn the steps to close a joint bank account.
- Locate the nearest branch of Progress Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information then you can contact the bank for that. You do reach the support team by calling customer service. And also with the help of the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.myprogressbank.com
- Phone Number: 1.888.513.2288
This is how you can close the bank account. But you also have to keep in mind that in case if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.