A bank account is a very necessary thing but sometimes we also need to close the one which we have. And in case you hold the accounts you don’t use anymore. Then I recommend you close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Ponce Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close the account. There are two things you need to take care of. The first thing is about the balance you have in your account. You have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account.
In case if you have any negative balance or pending dues in the account. Then you need to clear or pay those to the bank before approaching it. And the next thing is you need to take care of all your automatic payments and direct deposits.
All your payments will start failing once your account is closed. So you should consider moving all your payments to your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure that all the payments are running without any issues. And here you should note that it is your responsibility to take care of these things and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close Ponce Bank Account
I do not recommend you close the account online. That is because of the low success rate. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method to do it. If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps explained below. And in case of a joint account follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Ponce Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you for your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
It is a very simple task to get an account closed. But if there are any complications or issues with the account. Then you will need to contact the bank for help. But then you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.