If you don’t want to use a bank account anymore. Then you can get it closed it is not at all a big deal. But people feel it is a tough job to close an account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close PlainsCapital Bank account.
Before you begin the process by approaching the bank. There are a few things to be taken care of by you. I will explain those to you one by one. And then we will discuss the steps to be followed.
I do not recommend you close the account online as the rejection rate is high. Instead, you can follow the offline method and get your account closed by one last visit to the branch of the bank.
The first thing you should take care of is, there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any then get the balance cleared.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
This is important as the bank will not allow you to close the account until you have cleared all the pending dues. If you need help regarding the pending dues you can contact the bank directly.
Steps to Close PlainsCapital Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps explained in this guide. But in case if you have a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of PlainsCapital Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can reach the bank by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.plainscapital.com
- Phone Number: 866.762.8392
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/plainscapital
If you still have any doubts in your mind don’t worry. Just take the documents with you and visit the branch. And also keep in mind you may have to pay account closing charges. If you are closing the account too early after opening it.