If we sit counting the reasons why someone might have decided to close a bank account. Then we will get plenty of them. Let us not focus on the reasons. And learn how you can close Plains State Bank account.
The process is very simple. But there are a few things you need to take care of before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account.
Let us first discuss those things. And then we will learn the exact steps that you need to follow. I do not recommend you close the account online.
Instead of the online method follow the offline method that is explained below. I am recommending this because of the high rate of rejection in the online method.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The next thing is you have to cancel your automatic payments and direct deposits from your Plains State Bank account. Because once your account is closed by the bank all your payments will start failing.
You can set up all your payments with your alternative bank account. If you already have an account with you then that is fine.
But in case if you don’t have. Then I highly recommend you to get an account opened with any other bank in the United States before you close the existing account.
Steps to Close Plains State Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps explained below. But in case if you hold a joint bank account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Plains State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the requested details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling the customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: psbplains.com
- Phone Number: 713-559-6800
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/PlainsStateBank/
This is how you can close your bank account. If you need any further help then you can call the customer service of the bank. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.