If you have decided to close your bank account, then let me tell you that the process is very easy. But the matter is you just need to know the exact steps. And in this article of mine, I will tell you how you can close One World Bank account.
There is no online method to close your bank account. So you will have to follow the offline method only. But before you approach the bank there are a few things to be taken care of. I will explain those to you one by one. And then we will discuss the steps.
The first thing is about the negative balance and pending dues. If you have anything pending in your account. Then you will have to clear all of those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all your pending dues.
The next thing is you will have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits from the account. Because once One World Bank closes your account. All your payments including the direct deposits will start failing. So you will have to set them up with your alternative bank account.
This will help you ensure that all your payments are running without any issues. But in case if you don’t have an alternative bank account. Then I highly recommend you to open one for yourself with any bank in the United States. Before you close your existing account.
Steps to Close One World Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps explained in this guide. But in case if you hold a joint bank account. Then refer to this linked guide. Because the steps that need to be followed by a joint account holder are a little different.
- Locate the nearest branch of One World Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank, then you can do that by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.oneworldbank.com
- Phone Number: 972-243-7775
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/oneworldbank
Follow these 9 steps by visiting the nearest location of One World Bank to get your account closed. But you also should know that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.