There are so many reasons to close a bank account. No matter what is your reason. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close North Alabama Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things to be taken care of regarding your account.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you to ensure that all the payments are running without any issues.
I do not recommend you closing the account online because of the low success rate. So I have explained an offline method below.
Steps to Close North Alabama Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps explained below. But in case if you hold a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of North Alabama Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you need more information then you can contact the bank directly to get it. You can call the main office or use the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.northalabamabank.com
- Phone Number of Main Office: (256) 828-9500
This is how you can close the account. But you also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening the account. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.