No matter why you have decided to close your bank account. I will today with this guide help you out with the process that you have to follow to close Nicolet National Bank account.
The process stands very simple. You can just reach the bank and tell the officials that you want to close your account. But before that, you have to prepare your account to be closed.
In this preparation, there are two important things to do. So let me first explain to you those things. And then we will cover the closing process.
The first thing is you have to check the balance you have in your account. And ensure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in the account.
And the second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits out of your account. This is a very important step.
If you don’t do this then all your payments will start failing once Nicolet National Bank closes your account. So what you can do is set up all your payments and deposits with your alternative account.
Once you are done with these two things you are all set to approach the bank. The rest of the process is explained further in this guide.
Steps to Close Nicolet National Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Nicolet National Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Empty your account by bringing the balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
You should also keep in your mind that if you are closing the account within 1 year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. You can contact the bank for more details about the same.