There are a lot of reasons why someone might decide to close a bank account. No matter what is your reason. I will help you out with the steps to close NewBank account.
The process is very simple but there are two things that you should take care of before you approach the bank. So let us discuss those.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance or pending dues in your account. In case if you have any then you will have to clear those first.
The next thing is you will have to move all your automatic payments and the direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure all your payments are running without any issues.
I do not recommend you close the account online. And that is the reason why I have explained an offline method below. This method works for the customers of all the banks in the United States.
Steps to Close NewBank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you can refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of NewBank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details asked and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Visit the nearest branch of your bank and follow the above-mentioned steps to close your account. Also, keep in mind that the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. If you are closing the account too early after opening it.