If you think you no more need a bank account. Then the best thing you can do is close it. It is not a good thing to have too many unused bank accounts. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close New Millennium Bank account.
The process is very easy. But I do not recommend you try closing the account online. Instead of that, you can close it by following the offline method that I have explained below.
But even before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. You have to take care of two things. Let us first discuss those.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
And the second thing is you should take care of all your automatic payments and direct deposits. I recommend you move all your payments to your alternative bank account.
This is very important because once your account is closed all your payments will start failing. And it is your responsibility to take care of the payments and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close New Millennium Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank, then you can follow the steps that are explained below. And in case if you hold a joint bank account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of New Millennium Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form. sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can get your account closed. The offline method discussed above works for all the banks in the USA. But you also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.