National Bank of Fujairah which is famously known as NBF is one of the best banks operating in the UAE. There is no doubt that the bank tries and fulfills the promises it has done to its customers. But sometimes the circumstances arise when we have to close the bank account. In this guide, I will tell you the steps that you need to follow to close National Bank of Fujairah Account.
Before we start with the guide let me tell you that the process of closing down the account is not complicated at all. You can do it very easily. But there should be no dues or negative balance in your account. If there are any then you first have to clear those. And then the bank will allow you to close the account. In case you are planning to switch to another bank. Then first open your new account or the alternative bank account first.
Once your new bank account is fully operational you can close the existing one. If you want help in choosing your new bank. Then I have a guide published in which I have mentioned some questions you can ask your new bank. Based on the answers you receive you will be able to decide if you should open the account or no. This time I recommend you to choose the right bank for you so that you can have a long-term relationship with the bank.
About National Bank of Fujairah (NBF)
Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
|Number of Employees||
Steps to Close NBF Account
Currently, there is no online method to close the bank account. But you can do it offline by visiting the nearest branch of the bank. All the instructions are given below. But in case you want to close a joint bank account then the steps will be a bit different. All the account holders of the joint bank account should provide the consent to the bank to close the account.
- Locate the nearest branch of the National Bank of Fujairah near you.
- Collect your debit cards, unused cheques, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the customer helpdesk of the branch.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close the account.
- The officials will ask you the reason for the closure and your account number.
- Tell the officials your reason and the bank account number.
- Collect an account closure request form from the officials.
- Fill the form, check it, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to reach the bank then you can do that using their official website, by calling customer care, and also by messaging on their official social media profiles. All the contact details have been provided below.
- Phone Number: 8008623
- Fax: (+971) 4 397 3922
- Website: www.nbf.ae
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/NationalBankofFujairah/
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/nbfuae/
These are the simple steps that you have to follow to get your account closed. Do note that the bank may or may not charge you for the account closure. So it is recommended that you contact the bank and ask the officials themselves. And on the day you are closing the account you have to make sure your balance is Zero.