The customers are allowed to close the account when they wish to do it. But there is a proper process to do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Mt. McKinley Bank account.
The process is really simple and all you have to do is bring down your account balance to zero. And visit the nearest branch of the bank.
I have not explained any online method in this guide. The reason is the online method does not work for most of the banks in the United States.
And even if it works the success rate is very low. So to get through the process without any rejections you can follow the offline method that is explained below.
Before you approach the bank, you need to take care of two things regarding your bank account. This is part of the preparations for closing your account.
The first thing is to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
Second, you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative account. This is very important to make sure that all your payments are running.
Steps to Close Mt. McKinley Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank then follow the steps mentioned below. And in case if you hold a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Mt. McKinley Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Give them your details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the simplest process to close the account. But still, if you want to try closing it online. Then contact the bank and ask them if they allow you to do it. Last but not least you also have to keep in mind. That if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.