If you want to close your bank account, then you can do that. No one can stop you from doing it. But there is a proper way to do it. At the same time, you also have to follow the terms and conditions of the bank to which you have agreed while opening the account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Metro City bank account.
The process is very simple but you have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account. If you have any pending dues. Then you will have to clear those before you approach the bank to close your account.
The next thing is all your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing once your account is closed by the bank. So you will have to cancel all of those from your Metro City Bank account. And set them up with your alternative bank account.
This will help you ensure that your payments are running without any problems. And also that you don’t lose access to the banking system of the United States. If you have an account you with already then that is fine. But if not then I recommend you to get a new one opened before you close the existing account.
Steps to Close Metro City Bank Account
I do not recommend you close the account online. Instead, I have explained a simple offline method below for you. If you hold an individual account with the bank then follow this guide. And in case if you have a joint bank account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Metro City Bank account.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and your identity proof document.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how simple it is to get your account closed. But you also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.