If you want to close your bank account. Then let me tell you that the process to do so is very simple. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Meadows Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. You should take care of two things regarding your account.
The first thing is you will have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
After that, you will have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative account. This step is very important to ensure all your payments are running without any issues.
If you already have an account with another bank then that is fine. But in case if you don’t have. Then I recommend you get one opened before you close your existing account.
There are so many banks operating in the United States of America. If you want help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions.
Steps to Close Meadows Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then follow the instructions given below. But in case if you want to close a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Meadows Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will then ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
You will be able to close your account by following these steps. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. For more details, you contact the bank.