Bank and bank accounts are part of our day-to-day life these days. But sometimes we also need to close the account and switch to another bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Liberty Bank account.
The process that you have to follow is very simple. There are just two things that you need to take care of. And you are all set to close your account.
The first thing that you need to take care of is the balance you have in your account. You have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. (clear if you have any)
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative account. This will help you keep all the payments running even after your Liberty Bank account is closed.
I don’t recommend you closing the account online due to the high rate of rejections by the bank. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that is explained below.
Steps to Close Liberty Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Liberty Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your account. But you also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.