Johnson Bank is a Member of FDIC Bank which is part of the Johnson Financial Group. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Johnson Bank account.
The process is really simple and I do not recommend you close the account online. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that is explained below.
Before you reach the bank and request it to close your account. There are two things regarding your bank account that you have to take care of.
First of all, you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
After that, you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you ensure that your payments are running even after the closure of your existing account.
Steps to Close Johnson Bank Account
If you hold an individual account then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Western Trust Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check all the details you have filled, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can get your account closed. But you should also know that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to close the account closing charges. You can contact the bank for more information.