There are so many people who open a new bank account every day. In the same way there are also many people who are closing their existing accounts. This is a everyday thing for the banks. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Investar Bank account.
But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are few things you should take care. I will tell you about these things first. Becasue these things are like preparing the account to be closed. And then we will move further and learn the process to close your bank account.
The first thing is you need to check your account balance. And make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues. If you have any kind of dues pending in the account. You will have to pay those off. This is important because the bank will not let you close an account with pending dues.
The next thing is you will have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits out of your Investart Bank account. You can set up the same payments with your alternative bank account. This will help you to make sure that all your payments are up and running without any issues.
If you already have an alternative account with you then that is great. But in case if you don’t have. Then I recommend you to choose a bank. And open a new account before you close your existing account. There are lot of banks in the United States of America to choose from.
Steps to Close Investar Bank Account
These steps are of an offline method and not of an online method. If you hold an individual account. Then follow this guide. But in case of a joint bank account follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Investar Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing it.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling the customer service, using the official website. And also message the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.investarbank.com
- Phone Number: 866.604.2006
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/investarbank
This is how you can get your account closed easily by visiting the branch of the bank. But you also should know that the bank may ask you to pay account closing charges. (if you are closing the account too early after opening it)