If you are planning to close your bank account, then we are here to help you out. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close InterBank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close the account. There are a few things that you should take care of. Let me explain those to you.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those before you approach the bank.
And the next thing is about your payments. You will have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits from your InterBank account.
This is very important because once the account is closed all your payments will start failing. You can set them up with your alternative bank account.
You have to get this done before you submit your closing request to the bank. It is completely your responsibility to take care of your payments and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close InterBank Account
I do not recommend you close the account online. So I have explained an offline method below. If you hold an individual account then follow this guide. And in case of a joint bank account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of InterBank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can get your InterBank account closed. But also make note that if you are closing the account too early. Then the bank may ask you to pat the account closing charges.