There are so many banks that are operating in the United States of America. If you don’t like one bank and its service then you always have the freedom to close the account and switch to another bank. In this guide of mine, I will tell you the complete steps that you need to follow to close IBC Bank account.
The process remains very simple but you can not close the account online. Only available way to close it is the offline method. And this method requires the account holder himself or herself to visit the branch of the bank. Before you close down your existing account make sure you have an alternative bank account with you.
In case you don’t have then choose a good bank for you and get it opened. If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then I have a list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account. Based on the answers you receive you will be able to decide if the bank is a good choice for you or not.
Other than the alternative bank account there are two more major things you should take care of. The first one is there should be no negative balance in your account. And the second one is you should cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits set them up with your alternative bank account.
Steps to Close IBC Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then follow the steps mentioned below. And in case if you hold a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of IBC Bank.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, unused cheques, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will then ask for your bank account number, name, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them these details and show them your identity proof document.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the bank account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information you can contact the bank using the official website of the bank, calling customer care. And also by messaging the support team on the bank’s official social media profiles.
- Official Website: www.ibc.com
- Laredo Phone Number: (956) 722-7611
- Zapata Phone Number: (956) 765-8361
- Eagle Pass Phone Number: (830) 773-2313
- San Antonio Phone Number: (210) 518-2500
- Houstan Phone Number: (713) 526-1211
- Prot Lavaca Phone Number: (361) 552-9771
- Austin Phone Number: (512) 397-4506
- Brownsville Phone Number: (956) 547-1000
- Corpus Christi Phone Number: (361) 888-4000
- McAllen Phone Number: (956) 686-0263
- Oklahoma Phone Number: (405) 841-2100
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/IBCBankWeDoMore
If you are not in the position to visit the branch personally. Then reach out to the bank’s support team, they will help you out to make sure other arrangements for you. And also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.