We normally find people who are opening a new bank account or want to open a new account. At the same time on the other side people also close the accounts they don’t use anymore. In this guide, we will be discussing the same. I will tell you how you can close Huntington Bank account in a few steps.
The steps are very simple, but there are a few things you need to keep in your mind. The first thing is once the bank starts the process of closing down your account. You can not use the account for any kind of transaction. Even if it is an emergency you can not use it.
So to avoid such circumstances you should make sure that you have an alternative bank account ready with you. If you already have an account with another bank then that is good, and there is no need of opening a new account. But in case if you don’t have one.
Then you should choose a good bank for you and get a new account for yourself. If you need assistance in choosing your new bank. Then I have published an article in which I have mentioned a few questions. You will be able to decide easily when you ask these questions to your new bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close Huntington Bank Account
Follow the steps explained below.
- Locate the nearest branch of Huntington Bank near you.
- Collect your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Check your account balance if you have any dues pending or negative balance then clear those.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide these details and help the officials to locate your account.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the officials.
Please Note: With the information published on this page we are not making any reference to the bank. And we had not contacted the bank for the validation of the information published here. We referred to the online resources available as references.
The account can not be closed instantly by the bank. Once you submit the request form the bank will start the process of closing down. So it is important that you keep your patience and cooperate with the bank officials. In some cases, you have to pay some account closing charges. (officials will tell you if any)