If you have made your decision to close your bank account. Then you can do it and the process is very simple. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Horizon Bank account.
I recommend people close the account if there are no more using it or don’t want to use it anymore. Because it gets difficult to manage multiple bank accounts.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are a few things that you should take care of. Let me explain those to you one by one.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear it before requesting the bank to close the account.
The second thing is once the bank closes your account. All your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing. So you should cancel those and set up the same with your alternative bank account.
This is very important and making this change is completely your responsibility and not that of the bank. If you already have an account with another bank then that is a great start.
But if you don’t have one then I highly recommend you to open one before closing the existing one. This will ensure that you don’t lose access to banking.
There are so many banks in the United States, and sometimes it can get difficult to choose your next bank. So if you need help then read this list of questions for your new bank.
Steps to Close Horizon Bank Account
There is no online method to close your account, you will have to follow the offline method only. If you have a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Horizon Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof documents with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.horizonbank.com
- Phone Number: 888-873-2640
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/myhorizonbank
As you read it is a very simple process to close the account. But in case you are closing it too early. Then the bank will ask you to pay the account closing charges.