If you are not using a bank account anymore or you think you won’t need it in the future. Then you should consider closing it down. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Hanover Community Bank account.
The process of getting your account closed is very easy. But the only thing is you should know the exact process to do it. And that is what we will discuss in this guide.
But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things regarding your account which you should take care of.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any negative balance or pending dues. Then you will have to pay those before you can close the account.
And the next thing is all your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing once your account is closed. So you to keep the payments running you should move all your payments to your alternative bank account.
I usually don’t recommend my readers close the account online. That is because of the high rate of rejection by the bank. And that is why I have explained an offline method below.
Steps to Close Hanover Community Bank Account
You can follow the steps mentioned below if you hold an individual account with the bank. But in case if you hold a joint bank account. Then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Hanover Community Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information then you can get it by contacting the bank. You can call customer service or use the official website of the bank to contact the bank.
- Official Website: hanoverbank.com
- Phone Number: 877-548-8880
This is how simple the process is. But you also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.