If you are planning to close down your unused bank account. Then I will today with this guide help you out with the process to close Gateway Bank account.
The process is really simple. Before you get started with the process you will have to take care of two things regarding your account.
The first thing is you will have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you related to your automatic payment and direct deposits. You will have to move all your payments and deposits to your alternative account.
This step is very important. If you don’t move your payments then all your payments will start failing. And the bank will not move it for you. You yourself have to move it.
I don’t recommend you close your account online. Instead of that, I have explained an offline method below. This guide works for the customers of all the banks in the United States of America.
Steps to Close Gateway Bank Account
Follow the instructions given below if you want to close your individual account. But in case if you want to close a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Gateway Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, cheques, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide your details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
One more thing you should know before you attempt closing your account. And that is if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. For more details in this regard, you can contact the bank.