No matter what is the reason that made you decide to close the account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close your Foothills Bank account.
The process is really simple. But before you get started with the process. You will have to prepare your bank account to get closed.
In the preparation, you will first have to make sure that there is no negative balance or dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The next thing is you will have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is important to make sure all your payments keep running without any issues.
I don’t recommend you close the acocunt online because of the low success rate. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that is explained below.
This method and its steps work not only for the customers of Foothills Bank. But work for the customers of almost all the banks in the United States of America.
Steps to Close Foothills Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow the steps explained below. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Foothills Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
The bank will start the process of closing your account once you submit the closure form. So you will have to cooperate with the bank for a while. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the closing charges.