Being the customer you have all the rights to close your bank account. But there is a proper way to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Flushing Bank account.
But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things that have to be taken care of by you.
The first thing is you need to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. In case of any pending dues, you will have to clear pay those.
The next thing is you need to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you to make sure that all your payments are running without any issues.
I generally don’t recommend closing the account online. Because if there is even a small issue, the bank will reject your request.
So instead of that, you can follow the offline method that I have explained below. This method works not only for Flushing Bank. But also with all the banks in the United States.
Steps to Close Flushing Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Flushing Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling the customer service and also by using the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.flushingbank.com
- Phone Number: 800.581.2889
This is how you can get your account closed. You also need to keep in mind that the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. (if you are closing the account too early after opening it)