If you have decided to close your bank account, then you can do that. In this guide, I will tell you the steps that you need to follow to close FirstCapital Bank of Texas Account.
The steps are very simple. But there are a few things you should take care of before you close your account with the bank. I will tell you about these one-by-one. And then we will discuss the steps.
The first thing is the balance that you have in your account. There should be no negative balance in the account. If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear the balances.
The next thing is about your automatic payments and direct deposits. You have to cancel all your payments. And set them up with your alternative bank account.
This step is very important to make sure that all your payments are running. And you should also know that it is completely our responsibility to take care of the payments before closing the account. And not that of the bank.
If you already have an alternative account with you. Then that is fine. But in case if you don’t have. Then I recommend you get one opened before closing the existing account.
If you need help in choosing your next bank in the United State of America. Then you can refer to this list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close FirstCapital Bank of Texas Account
I do not recommend you to close the account online as the success rate is very less. So follow the steps of the offline method explained below.
- Locate the nearest branch of FirstCaptital Bank of Texas near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team of the bank on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.fcbtexas.com
- Phone Number: 844-322-8392
- Twitter: twitter.com/FirstCapBankTx
Once you submit your request your account will be closed within 2 working days. So keep your patience and co-operate with the bank. And if you are closing the account too early. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.