If you want to close your bank account then you have got all the rights to do it. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close First Western Trust Bank account.
Before you reach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things regarding your account that you have to take care of.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you will have to pay those off.
The second thing is you will have to take care of all the automatic payments and direct deposits running on your account.
This is very important to make sure that all your payments are running even after you close your existing bank account. To keep them running you can move them to your alternative bank account.
Steps to Close First Western Trust Bank Account
If you are closing an individual account then you can follow the steps mentioned below. And in case if you want to close a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Western Trust Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Follow these steps and you will be able to close your account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. For more information I recommend you to contact the bank directly.