If you have made your mind to close the account. Then in this guide, I will tell you how you can close First Interstate Bank account. If I start asking the reason for the closure then everyone who is closing the account might have their own reason. So let us not get into that and check out how you can close your bank account.
In case you have any dues pending or negative balance in your account. Then the first thing that you have to do is clear all of those. Because until you clear all your dues First Interstate Bank will not allow you to start the process of closing down the account you have with it.
The other thing that you should keep in your mind is. Once the bank starts the process of closing down your account upon your request. You can not use the account for making any kind of transaction. Even if it is an emergency you can not use your account that is being closed by the bank.
So before you approach the bank and ask it to close your existing account. Make arrangements for an alternative bank account. You can choose any bank that is operating in the United States of America. And get your account opened with it.
Steps to Close First Interstate Bank Account
If you already have an account with another bank then there is no need to open a new one. So let us start learning the process of closing your account. There is no online method that you can follow. So you will have to follow the offline method that is mentioned in this guide below.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Interstate Bank near you.
- Check your bank account balance.
- Bring down your balance to zero.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- Provide them your name and account number to locate your account.
- Collect, fill, and sign the account closure request form and submit the same to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank for more information regarding your account closure. Then you can call the bank on its customer care number. I have provided all the contact information below and this information is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.firstinterstatebank.com
- Phone Number: 1-855-342-3400
This is the most common method that can be followed by the customers to close the account. If you fail to get the account closure request form at the branch. Then you can submit a handwritten request to the bank. And in case you hold a joint bank account with First Interstate Bank then refer to this linked guide.