There are so many reasons because of which you are closing your bank account. Whatever the reason may be. In this guide, you will find the steps that you need to follow to close First Financial Bank account. You can close the account with ease but there are some things you should take care of.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance or dues pending your account. If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. So check your bank account balance and if you have any dues then take the necessary steps to clear the dues.
The next thing is once the account closed by the bank all your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing. So make ensure everything goes in a smooth way. You should cancel all the automatic payments and set them up from your alternative bank account.
In the same way, also move your direct deposits to your alternative bank account. If you already have an alternative bank account. Then that is fine but in case if you don’t have one. Then I highly recommend you open one before closing your existing account.
There are many banks in the United States from which you can choose your next bank. If are having trouble choosing the right bank for you. Then I have a list of questions that you should ask the bank before opening the account. And based on the answer you receive from the bank you will be able to choose the bank.
Steps to Close First Financial Bank Account
There is no online method to close your bank account. So you will have to follow the offline method only. I recommend you follow the steps that are mentioned below. If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But if you have a joint bank account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Financial Bank near you.
- Take your unused cheques, debit cards, identity proof document, and passbook. (if you have)
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask you to provide your name and bank account number.
- Provide the requested information and show your identity proof document.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information you can contact the bank by calling them, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.bankatfirst.com
- Phone Number: 877.322.9530
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FirstFinancialBank
This is how you can close your First Financial Bank account. Keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.