People feel that closing a bank account is a hard job. But that is not the case. There is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close First Fidelity Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close the account there are two things to be taken care of. The first thing is you will have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
If you have anything pending then you will have to clear those. The second thing is you will have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
Steps to Close First Fidelity Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Fidelity Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Given them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can contact the bank and close the account offline. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening the account. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.