If in case you have decided to close your account. Then this is the guide all you need to do it. In this guide, you can find the steps that you need to follow to close Fairfield County Bank account. The process is very simple and straightforward. But you can not do it online. The only method available is an offline one.
Before you can start the process you have to make sure that are are no dues or negative balances in your account. If you have any then you will first have to clear all of those. And then the bank will allow you to start the process of closing down the account.
About Fairfield County Bank
Steps to Close Fairfield County Bank Account
Before you close down the bank account make sure you have an alternative account ready with you. And all your automatic payments and direct deposits should be moved to your alternative bank account. Once the closing process starts you can not use your account for any kind of transaction.
- Locate the nearest branch of Fairfield County Bank near you.
- Collect your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any of your identity proof documents with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the customer helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details to the officials and check your bank account balance.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank for further information. Then you can call the customer care of the bank. And also use the official website for contact with the bank’s team.
- Official Website: www.fairfieldcountybank.com
- Phone Number: 1 877 431 7431
This is the basic procedure that can be followed by you to get your account closed. Please keep in mind that only the account holder or the owner of the account is allowed to raise the request for closure. So you should not send anyone from your friends or family to the bank.