Everybody has their own reason to open a new bank account. In the same way, there is a reason to close an account as well. No matter what is your reason. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Eva Bank account.
The process is very easy but I don’t recommend you close the account online. I have explained an offline method below. This method works for all the banks in the United States of America.
But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are a few basic things which you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is regarding automatic payments and direct deposits that are running on your account. You need to cancel all the payments.
Because once your account is closed by Eva Bank. All your payments will start failing. So to keep all the payments running. You can set them up with your alternative bank account.
Steps to Close Eva Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. You can follow the steps that are explained below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Eva Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them your details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check all the details, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to get more information then you can get it by contacting the bank. You can call the customer care of the bank or use the official website of the bank to do it.
- Official Website: www.evabank.com
- Phone Number: 844-EvaBank
This is how you can request the bank to close your account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.