If we sit counting the reasons to close a bank account then we will find many. Everybody has their own personal or professional reason to do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Enterprise Bank & Trust account.
The process is really very simple. But before you approach the bank there are two things to take care of you. Let me explain to you those first.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those off.
The second thing is you will have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your account. This has to be done before you close the account.
If you don’t do this the payments will start failing. So to keep the payments running you can set them up with your alternative bank account.
Please keep in mind that this is completely your responsibility and the bank will not do it for you. If you need help then you contact the bank.
Steps to Close Enterprise Bank & Trust Account
In case if you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest location of Enterprise Bank & Trust near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
I don’t recommend closing the account online because of the low success rate. Instead of that, you can follow this offline method. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.